Continuing Education for Financial Advisors
Mindfulness-Based Financial Wellness (MBFW) Program
20 Continuing Education Hours
Click here for professional association continuing education sponsor approval list
The MBFW program provides financial advisors a unique learning opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness first-hand, and to recognize its value to the financial advisement workplace and to wellness and financial wellness.
Mindfulness practice supports the development of capacities related to enhanced performance and effectiveness, including benefits to:
- cognitive functioning
- stress reduction
- emotion regulation
- goal-oriented decision-making
- emotional intelligence
- relational & communication skills
- health & well-being
The benefits of mindfulness practice extend to every domain of life including the workplace, and money and personal finance.
The MBFW program is a pairing of mindfulness practices and the principles of financial wellness designed to help you:
- Understand mindfulness as both an inherent human capacity and a personal practice.
- Develop a personal mindfulness practice.
- Increase presence, non-reactivity, stress-reduction and compassion.
- Enhance intra-personal and interpersonal awareness and relational and communication skills.
- Recognize benefits of mindfulness.
- Understand financial wellness as a dimension of the wellness framework and philosophy.
- Recognize scientifically-derived human factors relevant to the personal finance process, financial life, and financial well-being.
- Gain an understanding of the neurobiology of stress and stress reactivity to financial life.
- Learn to utilize the facets of financial wellness in daily life.
- Recognize how mindfulness is supportive to the personal finance process.
Mindfulness-Based Financial Wellness Class Details:
Each of the eight weekly sessions last 2½ hours with one additional daylong session offered after the sixth week of the course. The daylong session provides participants the valuable opportunity to incorporate all they have learned into an extended practice period.
MBFW is a positive and affirming program conducted within a safe and engaging environment. The program asks for an ongoing personal commitment. As a participant, we request you attend each class, including the one-day retreat and to practice home assignments each day.